Friday, July 12, 2013

Paella on a Weber One Touch

Try Spanish paella today!!!  I bought a paella pan but a big stainless steel frying pan would work.  I googled five recipes and mixed them up.  First fry up some chicken and chorizo then set aside.  I am cooking on a Weber One Touch.  Then stir fry some onion, garlic, thyme, bay leave, chili pepper to taste and rice.  


Once the rice gets started I add a large teaspoon of saffron and stir slightly then cover.



After ten minutes I add the chicken and sausage and cover again for ten more minutes.  Then add jumbo shrimp, 11/2 cups frozen peas and salt and pepper.







 Cover and let go until a light crust forms on the bottom.  A must in Spain.  We garnish with garden parsley and serve with a light Cesar salad.  All good and great cooked on charcoal.

No comments:

Post a Comment