Tuesday, July 30, 2013

Tandoori Chicken on the Big Green Egg

Bone in chicken thighs on the Big Green Egg.  I marinaded them in a cup of yogurt with curry powder, garlic, lemon juice, cumin, coriander and salt and pepper for about four to six hours.  Then get the Big Green Egg up to four hundred degrees with indirect heat.  I used the plate setter.  The thighs cooked at four hundred for half hour then at 325 for an hour.  Well done and yummy.  Could cook twenty minutes less for more juicy thighs.  Rotate them once for crispy goodness.




 Curry cauliflower is an easy addition.  I chop it up and coat lightly in olive oil and my favorite Lalahs Curry Blend.  Roast it for 35 minutes at 350 then add mushrooms, peas and a tin of curry sauce.  I prefer to make my own with tomatoes, yogurt and spices but sometimes you have to cheat!!!  Another fifteen minutes and the mushrooms and peas are great.

Serve with rice and hot Indian pickles.


No comments:

Post a Comment