Monday, August 26, 2013

Baby Back Ribs with Mustard Rub

Did a yellow mustard rub today on some baby backs.  Doesn't add a lot of flavor but yellow mustard certainly helps the rub stick and marinate.  Soaked some hickory chunks and set the Big Green Egg up for indirect heat with a pan of water beneath the ribs.  I find this really helps keep the moisture just right!



RUBS:  make your own to taste!  It's easy!  Today I used a base of brown sugar (the largest portion) with garlic powder, cumin, chili powder, paprika, salt and pepper.  Sugar in tablespoons the rest in teaspoons. The key is to taste it and play with the flavors you like.




I smoked them for two hours at 225 then rotated them and smoked one hour more.  I like to stack them to self baste.  One more hour.  After four hours I basted with my favorite BBQ sauce and let them go fifteen minutes each side.  Finally covered with foil to rest for twenty.  Yum, yum.








No comments:

Post a Comment