Tuesday, June 18, 2013

Smokey Rack of Pork

 Great idea is to buy or order a rack of pork from your butcher.  One of the best ideas you could have!  I insert a thin sharp knife seven or eight times and slide in a sliver of garlic.  Then I add olive oil, rosemary, garlic, salt and pepper to my mortar and grind it up.  Can be done in a food processor.  Then massage in!

Get the egg or weber really hot....put roast over a drip pan and sear at 650 degrees.  After ten minutes shut down to 350 and let cook for one and a half hours.  At this temp I add hickory that has been soaked in water for an hour and place it on the lump charcoal.  All good and smokey.

Use an internal temp thermometer to get to your desired done ness.  I go 150 degrees.

Slice in beautiful pieces with a bone per person..

No comments:

Post a Comment